Friday, January 16, 2009

On the Road Again

Last semester on the road. I packed up my car yesterday and headed to Washington and Lee in Lexington, Virginia. When I left Oxford, OH it was 16 degrees and some flurries were falling. Today in Lexington the sun was out all day but it never got above freezing. Brrr.

the chapter put me up in a hotel and when I checked in and walked into the bathroom I saw this.
I don't understand the significance of the rubber ducky but there are also a few of them by the front desk.

In other weird news related to birds, I had a very strange experience today. I was sitting in the living room of the house ebjoying the fire. when the door to the outside opened behind me. I was hit with a strange smell and when I turned around a guy was standing behind me with two Canada Geese he had shot. He had been out hinting today and came back over to the house after he shot the geese. Everyone checked out the geese (apparently the guys here are big hunters). He left them outside and then we sat down to eat dinner. Kind of strange.