Monday, August 29, 2011

Backyard Garden - August 2011


I finally got all the seeds planted and am waiting for them to germinate. I planted tomatoes, red peppers, jalapeno peppers, broccoli, basil, cilantro, cucumber, and corn. I just hope I get something out of all this work and watering.


One positive note is that my Moringa trees finally sprouted. (If you haven't heard about these amazing trees before, go here, here, and here). I got a few moringa seeds from another volunteer here and planted them about a month ago. I watered them daily and nothing happened. I chalked it up to not knowing much about getting trees to grow, but kept watering them. Then, after about 3 weeks, the first tree popped up. I now have 3 trees that are growing and a fourth may come up soon. I am trying to keep the termites away and will hopefully have them planted in my yard soon.


More updates to come...