Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Road is Life


“Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” - Jack Kerouac

I am findig it very hard to concentrate on anything except for my trip. I have been busy planning and trying to figure out where we will stay and what to do and train schedules. My biggest frustration so far has been trying to find an objective review of hostels. One person will say it was the best place they stayed in Europe and rate it five stars and then the next review will be rated one star and totally trash the place. Oh well. I guess we will just have to chance it and maybe we will get lucky.

There are so many opinions about travle to Europe. Some say it will be wasted by trying to do too much and other say its best to keep moving.

When all is said and done, i think it will be hard not to try to put my view out there for people to read and do exactly as I did. For me, travel is a very personal thing and there is no wrong way to go.

I guess we will find out how right I am soon enough. Europe calls.